SSL acceleration is an essential strategy for assuring the performance of servers and business-critical applications. SSL acceleration offloads compute-intensive key exchange and bulk encryption and client certificate management and is ideal for scaling secure SaaS services and e-commerce environments as well as healthcare, financial services and other and business-critical applications requiring high-volume secure connectivity.
SSL Acceleration for Scaling Secured Applications
Recent changes in SSL security standards have altered the landscape for network managers and application infrastructure teams. While more secure than the previous 1024-bit standard, the new 2048-bit SSL standard is five times more compute intensive and can directly impact both application performance and IT budgets. At the same time, there is a growing trend towards broader, more ubiquitous use of SSL and demand for more robust solutions that minimize exposure to vulnerabilities such as the recent Heartbleed bug. To address these and future challenges, Array offers the most scalable, secure, feature-rich and cost-effective SSL offload solution on the market.
By offloading SSL functions to dedicated Array application delivery controllers, a significant burden is lifted from Web and application servers. As a result, server efficiency and application performance are greatly improved. Because Array ADCs offer unmatched scalability with the lowest cost per SSL transaction per second (TPS), businesses can support more secure connections than ever before without impacting the end-user experience and without undue cost and complexity. Moreover, Array’s purpose-built SSL stack delivers not only greater performance and scalability, it is also immune to the vulnerabilities that affect open source implementations such as OpenSSL.
If your organization requires support for a large or growing number of secure transactions, Array provides right-sized SSL acceleration solutions – ranging from 1K to 70K SSL TPS – with the ability to meet business demands today and into the future. Where a higher degree of security or functionality is required, Array supports 4096 bit cypher keys and advanced features including server name indication (SNI), SSL inside and SSL bridging, multi-level authentication and in-flight certificate challenges; moreover, all features are hard-coded in Array’s operating system to ensure that advanced functions never impact system performance or scalability.
- A greater number of secure transactions and the increased computing demands of 2048-bit security are impacting application performance
- Cost of migrating to 2048-bit SSL is negatively impacting IT budgets
- Reduce exposure to vulnerabilities such as Heartbleed and Man-in-the-Middle (MITM)
- Enable advanced certificate management features without impacting SSL performance or scalability
- Offload SSL processing to dedicated Array ADCs to lessen burden on servers and improve application performance
- Minimize costs using Array ADCs with the lowest $ per SSL TPS on the market
- Purpose-built Array SSL stack immune from bugs that affect open source implementations such as OpenSSL
- Purpose-built Array SSL stack with hardcoded features for advanced functionality that does not impact system performance
How To Try
How to Buy